Top 7 Holiday Destinations in Asia for Couples 2020
As the name suggests, we created 2Passports1Dream to share the best holiday destinations for couples around the world.
One of our favourite continents to visit is Asia, which is why we’ve put together a list of the best holiday destinations that couples can enjoy in Asia. We’ve chosen cities and towns that are off the beaten track and not usually covered by travel blogs, so you can plan a unique and exciting trip!
Prepare yourself for a long-haul flight by reading this blog and if you are travelling between different timezones (which is very likely!) have a read of our blog on how to avoid the effects of jetlag!
A stunning city on the Japanese island of Honshu, Hirosaki looks like a city from a fantasy film! It is bursting with gorgeous architecture and stunning landscapes, so it’s ideal for any couple that loves taking beautiful snaps for Instagram.
Great Things To Do In Hirosaki:
- Visit Hirosaki Park to see the cherry blossom trees in full bloom
- Take a walk around Fujita Garden and enjoy a relaxing picnic or have fun just spending time together in nature
- Explore Hirosaki Castle and the rich history this 17th-century architectural gem has to offer
- Adventurous couples must check out the Samurai District, a perfectly preserved replica of the Samurai residencies of the past
If you’re planning a luxurious, indulgent beach getaway for yourself and your partner, then Patong is a perfect choice. This beautiful beach town allows you to relax in natural splendour beside a crystal clear sea. The town is close to Phuket, so you can easily access all of the enticing activities there, without staying in the heart of the hustle and bustle of the city.
Great Things To Do In Patong:
- Relax on the beach and bask in the sun
- Tempt your tastebuds at one of the town’s many sumptuous cafes and restaurants
- Try out an exhilarating watersport like kayaking, water skiing, or parasailing
- Enjoy a relaxing banana boat ride for two
- Swim in the crystal clear waters with your partner
- Visit a spa for a couple’s treatment that will leave you both pampered and rejuvenated
3. Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam is a glorious country that is stunningly beautiful and incredibly welcoming, despite the horrors of its past. For couples looking for a cultural and engaging experience, Ho Chi Minh City is ideal as it boasts a wide range of enticing activities that you can enjoy with your partner.
Great Things To Do In Ho Chi Minh City:
- Get a couple’s massage at one of the city’s many spas
- Hire a speedboat and visit the phenomenal Dragon Floating Temple
- Sample an authentic taste of Asia by tasting the sumptuous street food on offer throughout Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore the flea markets and revel in the unique atmosphere of this vibrant city
- Go for a stroll around Tao Dan Park together and drink in the majesty of this beautiful city park
Take a look at this blog by LivingNomads.co.uk for the top 10 things to do in Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang is often called South-east Asia’s best preserved city and it’s hard to disagree with this. When you visit Luang Prabang, you cannot help but be amazed by the tidiness and cleanliness of perhaps the most beautiful city in all of Southeast Asia.
In the past, we have taken the long boat from Thailand along the Mekong River. This trip takes two days and it begins in Huay Xai with a stop in Pakbeng at the end of day one.
If you are looking for a relaxing and cheap way to get to Luang Prabang from Northern Thailand then we recommend this.
Luang Prabang is super cheap and you can find a lot of rooms for two people for under £20 a night. Perfect for a travelling couple.
Great Things To Do In Luang Prabang:
- Explore the Kuang Si Falls
- Walk up Phousi Hill
- Go shopping in the amazing night market
- Watch the Luang Prabang alms giving ceremony
- Take a cooking class
- Enjoy utopian nights by the river at utopia bar
5. Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembogan is a short ferry ride away from the Bali mainland. It is often overlooked my many visitors, but we recommend the visit! Nusa Lembongan is a small island (8 kilometres square) and is surrounded by turquoise water.
There are no cars or taxis on the island (only the trucks that transport guests to their hotels). The only way to get around Nusa Lembongan is by renting a scooter. The roads are not forgiving and it’s not for the fainthearted, so only rent one if you’ve got plenty of experience (and always wear a helmet!). Here’s the helmet we purchased beforehand.
When you’ve rented a scooter you can visit the Mangrove Forest, hunt for an empty beach, cross the Yellow Bridge or simply park up at a beach club and laze your days away on your own time. The island is your oyster!There are a whole load of things to do on this beautiful island to keep you busy.
Great Things To Do In Nusa Lembongan.
- Visit the Devils Tear
- Visit the Dream Beach
- Go snorkelling with Manta Rays
- Watch the sunset while sitting on beanbags at Cloudland Bar or Kuun Sunset
- Explore the island for nice restaurants & beach clubs
- Take a photo on the famous ‘Yellow Bridge’
6. Siem Reap
Siem Reap is the capital city of Siem Reap Province in northwestern Cambodia. In Siem Reap you will find the all famous Angkor Wat. Angkor wat is the largest religious monument in the world and billed as the eighth wonder of the world.
Visitors mostly come here to see the temples, but there is so much more to do in and around the city. Siem has everything from backpacker party pads to hip hotels, world-class wining and dining across a range of different cuisines, sumptuous spas, cheap shopping, and local tours to suit both foodies and adventurers.
Great Things To Do In Siem Reap
- Visit Angkor Wat (of course)
- Have a night out on ‘pub street‘
- Go shopping at the Old Market
- Visit the night market
- Visit the floating villages
- Take a trip to Phnom Kulen National Park
Over the years, Kyoto has seen many wars and fires, but due to its exceptional historic value, the city was not attacked during world war II.
This is what makes Kyoto one of the most popular destinations for travellers and backpackers in Japan. Kyoto has some of Japan’s most important and jaw-dropping attractions, including an immense 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
For a comprehensive guide on how to spend two days in Kyoto, check out TheTravellingAus.com’s blog.
Great Things To Do In Kyoto
- Marvel at Kinkaku-ji
- Pass through the toriis of Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Visit the Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Explore Nijo Castle
- Admire Kiyomizu-dera
- Stroll the streets of Gion
- Feast on some traditional cuisine
Before travelling to any of these beautiful destinations, it is important to know what paperwork you need! Read our blog on what Visas you may need in various Asian countries before you set off, to save yourself the hassle and stress at your destination airport!
At 2Passports1Dream, we love to talk about travel and how you can make it more enjoyable. Feel free to comment on this post or get in touch with us to tell us the best holiday destinations for couples that you’ve ever visited!